Welcome to the art of curiosity; my personal amble through the worlds of art, crafts, books & all manner of other curiosities. You'll find examples of my jewellery & art work plus an account of how I'm attempting to confound depression & my bipolarity by pursuing my creativity. There's a lot of whimsy too; my mind set is distinctly frivolous at times!

So, Dear Reader, won't you join me on my journey?

Monday 14 May 2007

using 'the art of curiosity' to find feel-good books!

Lime & Lilac Rustic Neck Tease

It is raining - again. Everything is lush & green - too green. The only colour comes from a potted rhododendron. Each year I promise myself that I will plant bulbs but as the time for sinking them into the earth occurs at the same time as my seemingly seasonal blip, this job never gets done. As usual I say to myself that things will be different this year. I wonder.

Jean introduced me to Margot Potter of 'the Impatient Beader' and the 'Impatient Blogger' fame . She is lovely - like Jean she's a doll & I'll put money on her achieving super star status within a few years. If you have not yet treated yourself to one of her books I beg you to buy one. Likewise I urge you to have a look at any of Kathy Cano-Murillo's books too. Margot & Kathy's books are 'feel-good' publications. Even if you don't do any of the projects ( except you will because they're irresistible), the illustrations are fabulous & their prose has a deliciously inviting & witty air. It's akin to having a best friend working by your side. My good friend Emma Ralph also has this knack. Go to your favourite book store & look for all three of these ladies - I predict that you will be hooked within seconds. If you have a stinker of a day, run home from the office & immerse yourself in their books. The tension & stress will disappear in seconds - it works for me. I hope it helps you too.


4 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

it is an honour to read, along with you, these superb authors. I am so pleased and proud to know Margot, and I love both Margot and Kathy and their books, too!

Jean

Margot Potter said...

Jennifer

Thank you. You are far too kind. It's an absolute pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Keep making gorgeous jewelry and maybe think about a book of your own one day...hmmm?

Warmest regards
Margot

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer!!
Thank you!! You are so awesome, what a happy pick-me-up for the day!! Your work is amazing, I'll be reading your blog all the time, I love it!!
Peace, love and glitter!
Kathy :-)

p.S. And thank you to Jean too!

the art of curiosity said...

You ladies have made my day, if not my week, if not my year! My blog is blessed!

You all possess a rare talent for communication. It goes beyond the ability to write well - at which of course you all excel! It's as if you're having a conversation with each of us - as if you had written your books & articles solely for each of your readers. Your personalities shine through and it's that plus your knowledge & fascinating ideas that mark you out as very special ladies & imaginative guides.

It's wonderful to have you by my side as I read your books & try out your ideas. The four of you ( Emma? Where's Emma?) are extremely good company - thank you for giving me so much pleasure!