Welcome to the art of curiosity; my personal amble through the worlds of art, crafts, books & all manner of other curiosities. You'll find examples of my jewellery & art work plus an account of how I'm attempting to confound depression & my bipolarity by pursuing my creativity. There's a lot of whimsy too; my mind set is distinctly frivolous at times!

So, Dear Reader, won't you join me on my journey?

Tuesday 11 September 2007

On This Day...

I send my heartfelt sympathy,love & tender wishes to all those whose lives changed on that dreadful day in 2001.

1 comment:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I cannot say, that as a person living in NY, I "OWN this day"... but this day was a day, for all people, that goes down in infamy. I can say that! Yes, that quote comes from an earlier time, but seems right.
I don't have the overwhelmingly strong feelings I use to have about this day...I have had to come to terms with it. However, when they read the names on tv, I cry. Then I turn off the tv. It is like a visit to the Viet Nam War Memorial, an extraordinary edifice: putting my fingers on the name and date of my fallen chldhood friend who came from our town and tracing those letters and numbers, and thinking about him intensely. Yes, I cry again. However, life is a choice. I must choose goodness and I must choose hope.