Welcome to the art of curiosity; my personal amble through the worlds of art, crafts, books & all manner of other curiosities. You'll find examples of my jewellery & art work plus an account of how I'm attempting to confound depression & my bipolarity by pursuing my creativity. There's a lot of whimsy too; my mind set is distinctly frivolous at times!

So, Dear Reader, won't you join me on my journey?

Monday 10 May 2010

Looking for 'it'!





'Celebrate'

This is the first necklace that I've completed in nearly two years, hence the title 'Celebrate'. I'm not sure I like it, but I guess it's a start. I've forgotten so much; from wire wrapping to how to set up a photo & handle the Nikon! It's rather disturbing & I feel like I've made a clumsy hash of climbing what is a relatively small hill.

One thing is certain though. My tastes have changed and I don't have the techniques to produce what I want to make. So, deep breath, I've got to work out what 'it' is and how I can arrive at & attain this nebulous concept. Ah, the 'it-ness' of things; isn't that what all creatives are chasing?

'Celebrate' features cube beads by Melanie Moertel and Ice beads & ceramic charms by Emma Ralph.

6 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Hi Jennifer! Thanks for stopping by Treasures Found. I hope you will come visit again.
I am glad to see you creating as a way to make order out of the chaos of everyday life. Beautiful spring green beads. I know the frustration of having a vision but not the right technique to execute it. Keep a sketchbook with those ideas and don't be afraid of tearing apart an earlier piece when that new technique does make it into your repetoire. Like the Star Wars movies that were enhanced so many years later when the technology caught up!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

the art of curiosity said...

Thanks Erin!

Kerryn Madsen-Pietsch Multi/Mixed-Media Visual Artist said...

Your jewellery and photographic work are both beautiful and elegant.
Whatever the creative challenge, 'it' will surface/manifest best through the flow of your heartfelt passions, enjoyment and oft experimentation (play) which does requires your 'presence' in the 'here and now'.
All the best, love and light.
KMP

the art of curiosity said...

Kerryn, that's so beautiful; thank you!

I'm going to print out both yours & Erin's comments and pin them above my desk.

Laura Sparling said...

Jennifer, the necklace is just wonderful. What's not to like? Your work has always been outstanding and it always will be. So fabulous to see you making jewellery again.

L x

the art of curiosity said...

Thank you so much Laura! I'm going to add your post to my pin board now - you keep me going :-)