Welcome to the art of curiosity; my personal amble through the worlds of art, crafts, books & all manner of other curiosities. You'll find examples of my jewellery & art work plus an account of how I'm attempting to confound depression & my bipolarity by pursuing my creativity. There's a lot of whimsy too; my mind set is distinctly frivolous at times!

So, Dear Reader, won't you join me on my journey?

Sunday 11 July 2010

The Break-up!

Saucy Pendant

One enjoyable facet about creating your own jewellery is that you can freshen up your jewellery box whenever you wish. Haven't worn that bracelet in an eon even though the beads are a dream? Then take it apart, Dear Reader and revive & revamp.

This is how Saucy came about. I was looking at some delicious borosilicate beads which were languishing in a pair of tired earrings that were buried in the bottom of my jewellery box and the cruelty of my neglect finally shamed me into setting them free. And wouldn't you know it - as soon as I had liberated them from their old setting, a fresh idea occurred to me & I ran to my bead trays and got out these gorgeous saucers by Emma Ralph. I now have a pendant whose colour I revel in so much that, when I'm not wearing it, it's on permanent display in my study. It's a zinger!

Roll up, roll up, roll up. Head on over to Jean Yates' blog & read about her first selection of favourite jewellery designers. 'The Jean's List' is to become a regular feature on her blog and I'm looking forward to reading it immensely! What Jean doesn't know about jewellery design could be written on the back of a gnat so join her followers and make sure you don't miss any of her posts. I'm extremely honoured & bowled over to feature in her first selection which also includes Naomi Fujimoto, Cynthia Thorton & Margot Potter - how's that for glamourous company!!

So, keep reading her blog because next time, it might be you!!

2 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

LOVE your new pendant--what a glamorous,most sublime sort of break-up--that's the only kind to have. It's "for the best": sort like the end of the movie classic, Casablanca...when Ingrid leaves and Humphrey looks forward to the beginning of a beautiful NEW relationship! ;)

Thank you for mentioning The Jean's List. I shall be posting it on my blog approximately every other week!

xox jean!

the art of curiosity said...

Thank you Jean :-) Oh 'Casablanca'! I'm shedding a silent tear here!

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to following 'The Jean's List' - I know you're going to showcase some beautiful & fascinating work for us all to admire. Your reviews will be the must-have award for jewellery designers!!

Jennifer xox