Welcome to the art of curiosity; my personal amble through the worlds of art, crafts, books & all manner of other curiosities. You'll find examples of my jewellery & art work plus an account of how I'm attempting to confound depression & my bipolarity by pursuing my creativity. There's a lot of whimsy too; my mind set is distinctly frivolous at times!

So, Dear Reader, won't you join me on my journey?

Friday 20 April 2007

Occasionally Lost for Words


Piccasso's Dog Pendant


I really admire people who are able to add daily entries to their blogs. I just can't do it - my mind goes dry! I spend much of the day on my own so perhaps I've got out of the habit of talking. Thinking - yes. Talking - no.


Just a few days ago I was a blog virgin - it's going to take me a while to catch up. Now I'm a blog novice who's sat on the lowest rung of the ladder and my initial impression which has arisen whilst reading other blogs & writing my own witterings, is that a blog encompasses more methods of communication than I was aware of. I'm also deeply impressed by the blogs that bear witness to what is happening in the world. I came here because I like to write, but I've discovered that blogging is about so much more than the actual process of moulding language for expression. I'm dumb so please tell me what you think. I'm a fan of other people's opinion provided no anger is involved.


On to other matters.


My dear friend Jean has awarded me a 'thinking blogger award' so I'm drifting on a cloud. What an honour - thank you so much! Jean is a whirlwind of creativity, has the most beautful soul which her sons have inherited, a super hero husband and is the scion of the most marvelous family. If Jean & Emma Ralph don't start writing their family biographies soon, BOMBARD them with email demands for their stories as they are magnificent! If I ever want an answer to a question (this happens a lot), I ask Emma. Today she told me that peacocks have bright orange armpits -did you know that? Do you know anyone else who knows that? Don't you think that's such a cool thing to have tucked away in your memory bank. Jean has gifted an award to Emma - if I could I would second it. Since Jean's blog is something I read everyday, I would reciprocate immediately if I could.

I checked out the awards website & I'm going to paste the rules here in case I forget them.

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote
That was that! Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all - blogs that really get you thinking!/span>

Being an aforementioned novice, it's going to take me a couple of days to finish my list but my first award goes to Danny Gregory. Here are a couple of extracts from my fan letter:

"You have been a great source of inspiration to me. Indeed 'The Creative Licence' introduced me to Betty Edwards & the left lobe/right lobe concept & this has had a huge impact on the way I view my bipolar. It's now my opinion that you & Betty Edwards should be prescribed at the same time as meds!

You & your family are the sign posts for the way to live & the way to love that life. Thank you for shining a light - instead of a dark tunnel, I hope to continue travelling in an avenue ornamented with street lamps, many of which will have been designed by Danny Gregory."



Number One: Danny Gregory

Photograph & jewellery design by Jennifer Dangerfield © 2007








1 comment:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I am very happy with your choice, because I got to see his site and write to him!