Welcome to the art of curiosity; my personal amble through the worlds of art, crafts, books & all manner of other curiosities. You'll find examples of my jewellery & art work plus an account of how I'm attempting to confound depression & my bipolarity by pursuing my creativity. There's a lot of whimsy too; my mind set is distinctly frivolous at times!

So, Dear Reader, won't you join me on my journey?

Saturday 16 June 2007

The painting I probably shouldn't share with you


but I'm going to lodge it here because it's so beautiful & I love to share beauty!

This is the painting I persuaded OMD to buy for my birthday. It's by the artist Angela Stead & is entitled 'Three Porthgwarra Scenes'. I've had it for three weeks & I still haven't hung it. I haven't finished 'looking into it'.

This foible of mine means that I carry it from bedroom to study & back again. It hasn't entered the portals of the Shack yet because even I realise that lugging a painting around a garden is a little eccentric. I reserve the right to change my mind though ;-)

I conduct a passionate love affair with most of the paintings in this house. Before I lost my heart to OMD, I collected paintings & sculpture on a very small scale. They all hit me in the solar plexus. I love living with them - a real, pure love. I regularly take one off the wall so that I can study it again. I have strange genes!

Poetry has a similar, but less essential effect on me. I pick poems apart & by the time I've finished, I can usually recite them off by heart. It's a form of love, but not a passion.

I eat books. I'm not on Planet Earth when my brain is deliberating over a book. This is a yearning love, but it's still not a passion.

I moon over paintings. It's sad, but it's true. Having said that, if Daniel Craig threw some pebbles against my bedroom window, I would trade a painting. No contest!! I may be an aesthete, but my feet are flat on the ground!

No comments: